The Green Party is a political Party founded on the principles of peace, democracy, social justice, protection of the environment and sustainable use of our natural resources.
The Green Party is the only party in Ireland where members have a direct say in all decisions. Members contribute to policy development and decide who stands for election.
The Wexford Greens are an active and lively group who are happy to listen to suggestions and concerns from its constituents and to help wherever and whenever we can.
All Green Party policies are based on the founding principles of the Green Party, which are:
- The impact of society on the environment should not be ecologically disruptive.
- Conservation of resources is vital to a sustainable society.
- All political, social and economic decisions should be taken at the lowest effective level.
- Society should be guided by self-reliance and co-operation at all levels.
- As caretakers of the Earth, we have the responsibility to pass it on in a fit and healthy state.
- The need for world peace overrides national and commercial interests.
- The poverty of two-thirds of the world’s family demands a redistribution of the world’s resources.
More about The Green Party: http://www.greenparty.ie