“Last night my fellow Councillors on New Ross Town Council elected me as Chairman. I am deeply honoured and delighted. It’s a wonderful time for New Ross and a wonderful time to be a New Ross person. The town is looking and feeling fantastic, but you don’t need me to tell you that, you’ve seen it yourselves.
“Last weekend, we welcomed home the flame of our most famous grandson, John F Kennedy, to our town. We stood tall, proud and welcoming and the family were genuinely moved by the warmth of our céad míle Fáilte.
“People outside of New Ross are wondering ‘how did we do it?’ New Ross people know exactly how, because it took the involvement of the whole town to pull it off. The planning was ambitious and long term, it built upon businesses relationships working cooperatively and it depended hugely on the involvement and volunteer spirit of our community groups.
“We just had the party of our lives and we woke up with no hangover! In fact, the town the next day looked absolutely pristine. So that’s our new starting point. We have reset the bar as to the expectations of what we are and what we can achieve in our town. My job in the next year is to build on this. What else can we do? What hasn’t been done yet? I will need your help. I can’t wait to get going.
“Ros Mhic Treoin abú!”
- MEP Grace O’Sullivan endorses Paula’s campaign
- Paula is Green Party candidate for Wexford
- Join us in Wexford town this Friday
- Karin needs your support!
- Karin Dubsky sets out her stall at exhibition talk
- Green Party candidate Karin Dubsky to speak at Wexford festival exhibition
- Karin Dubsky to stand for Green Party
- Grace O’Sullivan is ready for Europe!
- CLIMATE CASE IRELAND
- Birdwatch Ireland and the Heritage Bill
- 200 million euro capital programme for Wexford
- Hinkley Point C Nuclear Plant
- Same Old, Same Old!
- Climate Change: the government still doesn’t get it
- Waterford to host Convention 2017