The Department of Environment’s new Myplan.ie planning and spatial data portal system allows the public to view the 400 development and local area plans, developed by the 88 planning authorities, across the country in one easy to use mapping tool. One can also view other information such as census, heritage sites, patterns of housing development, etc.
The system should make it easier for local authorities and other agencies to coordinate plans through the sharing of information while also allowing them to work collaboratively on major infrastructural projects. It is a huge step forward to have all the plans in one location and fully accessible to the public.
- 200 million euro capital programme for Wexford
- Hinkley Point C Nuclear Plant
- Same Old, Same Old!
- Climate Change: the government still doesn’t get it
- Waterford to host Convention 2017
- Challenges facing Rural Ireland
- South East Economy Continues to Stagnate
- No Minister for Environment?
- Green Party welcomes Government u-turn on introducing pay-by-weight charges
- Green TD attacks parties for putting politics ahead of country
- ‘This election is make or break for the Green Party’
- Next politician that calls to your door ask him/her to outline their party’s environmental policy
- Same as it ever was!
- So where does the Green Party stand on the 8th Amendment?
- Still looking for a reason to vote Green?