Prof. Diarmaid Ferriter has resigned from the Board of the National Library in protest at government policy on culture. Zoning in the specific there is no doubt that Ferriter is particularly incensed at a government proposal that the National Archives and the Irish Manuscripts Commission be merged with the National Library of Ireland. He accuses the government of being “intent on doing untold damage to the very institutions which are the custodians of so much … history”.
- Same Old, Same Old!
- Climate Change: the government still doesn’t get it
- Waterford to host Convention 2017
- Challenges facing Rural Ireland
- South East Economy Continues to Stagnate
- No Minister for Environment?
- Green Party welcomes Government u-turn on introducing pay-by-weight charges
- Green TD attacks parties for putting politics ahead of country
- ‘This election is make or break for the Green Party’
- Next politician that calls to your door ask him/her to outline their party’s environmental policy
- Same as it ever was!
- So where does the Green Party stand on the 8th Amendment?
- Still looking for a reason to vote Green?
- Green Party leader Eamon Ryan to speak in Gorey
- Ann’s Election Launch Evening A Great Success