And so we approach the shortest day of the year, the longest night, the Winter Solstice. In Pagan times this was traditionally one of the most important and sacred occasions in the calendar. It was a time to come together and celebrate and use natural energies to counter the spirit-numbing effects of the darkest days of the year.
This year on Dec 21 (6.30-8.30pm) a wonderfully eclectic group will gather at The Complex in the heart of Dublin’s old market centre, Smithfield Square, to celebrate the Winter Solstice. This will be an ancient celebration in tune with ancestral traditions, blending ceremonies inclusive of all peoples with feasting, trading, entertainment and community. There will be “warming food and drinks, storytelling and music, traditional inclusive Solstice ceremony, seasonal gifts, joyful craic and humour for the days of light ahead”. No cover charge!
- Green Tsunami!
- Election Day at last
- Friday canvassing reminder!
- MEP Grace O’Sullivan endorses Paula’s campaign
- Paula is Green Party candidate for Wexford
- Join us in Wexford town this Friday
- Karin needs your support!
- Karin Dubsky sets out her stall at exhibition talk
- Green Party candidate Karin Dubsky to speak at Wexford festival exhibition
- Karin Dubsky to stand for Green Party
- Grace O’Sullivan is ready for Europe!
- CLIMATE CASE IRELAND
- Birdwatch Ireland and the Heritage Bill
- 200 million euro capital programme for Wexford
- Hinkley Point C Nuclear Plant