THE NUCLEAR Free Local Authorities (NFLA) recently held its winter seminar in Wexford Town. They discussed ways Ireland can develop its renewable energy infrastructure. They also discussed the impact the proposed new nuclear plants in the UK may have for Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Wexford Borough Council and NFLA representative, Wexford delegate Councillor Danny Forde said: “Wexford has long opposed nuclear power since failed attempts were made to develop a nuclear reactor at Carnsore Point in the 1970s. I am delighted to welcome the NFLA to Wexford Town and to hear more about the future development of Irish energy policy and how Councils like Wexford can benefit from getting involved.” http://www.wexfordecho.ie/news/eycwausnau/
- 200 million euro capital programme for Wexford
- Hinkley Point C Nuclear Plant
- Same Old, Same Old!
- Climate Change: the government still doesn’t get it
- Waterford to host Convention 2017
- Challenges facing Rural Ireland
- South East Economy Continues to Stagnate
- No Minister for Environment?
- Green Party welcomes Government u-turn on introducing pay-by-weight charges
- Green TD attacks parties for putting politics ahead of country
- ‘This election is make or break for the Green Party’
- Next politician that calls to your door ask him/her to outline their party’s environmental policy
- Same as it ever was!
- So where does the Green Party stand on the 8th Amendment?
- Still looking for a reason to vote Green?