On Saturday, September 24 we are going foraging in the wild with the irrepressible and hugely knowledgeable Mary White as she takes us on The Blackstairs Eco Trail Tour. We meet at Mary’s house in Killedmond, near Borris at 12 noon, for “a good old-fashioned Rectory Tea” (with scones) before heading off for a 2 hour ramble through “the lovely lanes, lowlands, bogs and streams of the Blackstairs and River Barrow. Our guide will tell us about the landscape, the archaeology, the wildlife, the birds, the butterflies, the flora and, of course, the stuff you can go foraging for! All the details are there on Mary’s website. We finish up back at The Rectory with hot tea, scones, tea-brack and home-made biscuits. The whole thing is very relaxed and easy-going. You certainly do not have to be super-fit to take part as Mary says we can expect “no hills to slow hills”! The fee is €25 pp. Places are limited so please let me know asap if you want to come. www.blackstairsecotrails.ie
- Green Tsunami!
- Election Day at last
- Friday canvassing reminder!
- MEP Grace O’Sullivan endorses Paula’s campaign
- Paula is Green Party candidate for Wexford
- Join us in Wexford town this Friday
- Karin needs your support!
- Karin Dubsky sets out her stall at exhibition talk
- Green Party candidate Karin Dubsky to speak at Wexford festival exhibition
- Karin Dubsky to stand for Green Party
- Grace O’Sullivan is ready for Europe!
- CLIMATE CASE IRELAND
- Birdwatch Ireland and the Heritage Bill
- 200 million euro capital programme for Wexford
- Hinkley Point C Nuclear Plant