Members of the Green Party come together for “Meeting Point @ Carnsore” this weekend. Early birds arrive this evening with the majority arriving Saturday morning. Carnsore is, of course, famous for the anti-nuke festivals held there in 1978 and ’79. Wild and windy Carnsore Point is pretty much the same now as it was then apart from the majestic wind turbines that adorn the site. The sea crashes in on the rocks below – the shingle beach here is treacherous for swimmers. That said, the beautiful beach at Carne is the perfect place to go for a dip. There are also beautiful coastal walks including one right around The Point, where the Irish Sea meets the Atlantic. Just imagine if Des O’Malley had gotten his way and stuck a big shiny nuclear plant up here! This get together, the brainchild of Green leader Eamon Ryan, will see a series of meetings and workshops held at the Carne Holiday Centre a mere stone’s throw from the old festival site. There is shared-room accommodation for 70-80 (20 Euro pp) and lots of camping space (10 Euro pp) – reserve places with Alison at Green Party HQ (01-6790012). Buses will meet the trains arriving at Rosslare Station at 16.21, 21.22 on Friday and 10.22, 16.30 on Saturday. Morning coffee and introductory session happens Saturday morning at 11am. There is a bar and a kitchen serving up hot food although those staying over Friday night should bring their own food as catering does not commence until Saturday. If one doesn’t feel inspired here … No more to be said other than GET TO THE POINT! www.greenparty.ie/en/news/events
- Green Tsunami!
- Election Day at last
- Friday canvassing reminder!
- MEP Grace O’Sullivan endorses Paula’s campaign
- Paula is Green Party candidate for Wexford
- Join us in Wexford town this Friday
- Karin needs your support!
- Karin Dubsky sets out her stall at exhibition talk
- Green Party candidate Karin Dubsky to speak at Wexford festival exhibition
- Karin Dubsky to stand for Green Party
- Grace O’Sullivan is ready for Europe!
- CLIMATE CASE IRELAND
- Birdwatch Ireland and the Heritage Bill
- 200 million euro capital programme for Wexford
- Hinkley Point C Nuclear Plant