Members of the Green Party come together for “Meeting Point @ Carnsore” this weekend. Early birds arrive this evening with the majority arriving Saturday morning. Carnsore is, of course, famous for the anti-nuke festivals held there in 1978 and ’79. Wild and windy Carnsore Point is pretty much the same now as it was then apart from the majestic wind turbines that adorn the site. The sea crashes in on the rocks below – the shingle beach here is treacherous for swimmers. That said, the beautiful beach at Carne is the perfect place to go for a dip. There are also beautiful coastal walks including one right around The Point, where the Irish Sea meets the Atlantic. Just imagine if Des O’Malley had gotten his way and stuck a big shiny nuclear plant up here! This get together, the brainchild of Green leader Eamon Ryan, will see a series of meetings and workshops held at the Carne Holiday Centre a mere stone’s throw from the old festival site. There is shared-room accommodation for 70-80 (20 Euro pp) and lots of camping space (10 Euro pp) – reserve places with Alison at Green Party HQ (01-6790012). Buses will meet the trains arriving at Rosslare Station at 16.21, 21.22 on Friday and 10.22, 16.30 on Saturday. Morning coffee and introductory session happens Saturday morning at 11am. There is a bar and a kitchen serving up hot food although those staying over Friday night should bring their own food as catering does not commence until Saturday. If one doesn’t feel inspired here … No more to be said other than GET TO THE POINT! www.greenparty.ie/en/news/events
- 200 million euro capital programme for Wexford
- Hinkley Point C Nuclear Plant
- Same Old, Same Old!
- Climate Change: the government still doesn’t get it
- Waterford to host Convention 2017
- Challenges facing Rural Ireland
- South East Economy Continues to Stagnate
- No Minister for Environment?
- Green Party welcomes Government u-turn on introducing pay-by-weight charges
- Green TD attacks parties for putting politics ahead of country
- ‘This election is make or break for the Green Party’
- Next politician that calls to your door ask him/her to outline their party’s environmental policy
- Same as it ever was!
- So where does the Green Party stand on the 8th Amendment?
- Still looking for a reason to vote Green?