- CLIMATE CASE IRELAND
- Birdwatch Ireland and the Heritage Bill
- 200 million euro capital programme for Wexford
- Hinkley Point C Nuclear Plant
- Same Old, Same Old!
- Climate Change: the government still doesn’t get it
- Waterford to host Convention 2017
- Challenges facing Rural Ireland
- South East Economy Continues to Stagnate
- No Minister for Environment?
- Green Party welcomes Government u-turn on introducing pay-by-weight charges
- Green TD attacks parties for putting politics ahead of country
- ‘This election is make or break for the Green Party’
- Next politician that calls to your door ask him/her to outline their party’s environmental policy
- Same as it ever was!
Trevor’s Kitchen Garden Tour Comes To Wexford
“Trevor Sargent: The Kitchen Garden Tour” came to Wexford Organic Centre, Cushinstown on Saturday, April 9. The event, organised by Wexford Greens, offered expert tuition on growing herbs and veg. Trevor opened proceedings with a presentation on his own much celebrated garden and offered tips as to how one might seek to replicate his success. Horticulturist Richard Mee, who runs the centre, then brought the group on a walk-about tour to show how things are done here. We looked at soil composition, compost and manure, dealing with weeds, raised beds, lazy beds, when and what to plant/sow, transplanting, rotation, etc – all through practical demonstrations. Most participants left at the end of the day with trays of lettuce, cabbage and brocolli for planting. There are further courses coming up at the centre. Contact Richard Mee for details – email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel 051-428375 / 087 2791846. There is also a series of courses dealing with a range of practical skills such as building hazel and willow garden structures, introduction to scything, hurdle-making, reducing home energy bills and so on. For details on these contact Stan – Tel 087 6108079. Email: email@example.com .