So Barry Cowan wants builders to get a tax cut to encourage them to build more houses. Sinn Féin has described the idea as “breathtakingly stupid”. In fairness to the man, maybe he is not stupid but simply self-serving. Then again his party has always had a very intimate relationship with the construction industry, one which has not always been for the greater good. Expect lots more silly and reckless outbursts from our politicians as the election draws ever closer. www.thejournal.ie/barry-cowen-housing-vat-3580152-Sep2017
- Same Old, Same Old!
- Climate Change: the government still doesn’t get it
- Waterford to host Convention 2017
- Challenges facing Rural Ireland
- South East Economy Continues to Stagnate
- No Minister for Environment?
- Green Party welcomes Government u-turn on introducing pay-by-weight charges
- Green TD attacks parties for putting politics ahead of country
- ‘This election is make or break for the Green Party’
- Next politician that calls to your door ask him/her to outline their party’s environmental policy
- Same as it ever was!
- So where does the Green Party stand on the 8th Amendment?
- Still looking for a reason to vote Green?
- Green Party leader Eamon Ryan to speak in Gorey
- Ann’s Election Launch Evening A Great Success