Grace O’Sullivan, Green Party candidate for Europe in Ireland South, joins Cllr Danny Forde and Trevor Sargent at a retail unit’s flood barrier on Wexford’s quay front. Look at the height of it! Yet three of the highest recorded tides in the port of Wexford have happened in the past 15 years. So perhaps those flood barriers need to be that high. Next time you drive along the quays in Wexford keep an eye out for these barriers and let the efforts of this one retailer pause and wonder if, as sea levels continue to rise, we may yet be looking to the Dutch for much more extensive flood controls along our water front.
- 200 million euro capital programme for Wexford
- Hinkley Point C Nuclear Plant
- Same Old, Same Old!
- Climate Change: the government still doesn’t get it
- Waterford to host Convention 2017
- Challenges facing Rural Ireland
- South East Economy Continues to Stagnate
- No Minister for Environment?
- Green Party welcomes Government u-turn on introducing pay-by-weight charges
- Green TD attacks parties for putting politics ahead of country
- ‘This election is make or break for the Green Party’
- Next politician that calls to your door ask him/her to outline their party’s environmental policy
- Same as it ever was!
- So where does the Green Party stand on the 8th Amendment?
- Still looking for a reason to vote Green?