While the west of the country got absolutely hammered during the recent storms Wexford also finds itself counting the cost with major coastal erosion all along our coast. Green councillor Danny Forde was shocked at the damage inflicted on the dune systems from north of the county right down to Ballinesker. His Facebook page links to a brilliant but shocking series of pictures www.macodaphoto.com . Danny features in the current issue of the Wexford Echo speaking on the subject. Don’t see a link to the article on The Echo website yet. There is, however, a piece there by Dan Walsh looking at the potential costs resulting from the storms: www.wexfordecho.ie/2014/01/13/north-wexford-storm-damage-bill-region-e1-million
- Same Old, Same Old!
- Climate Change: the government still doesn’t get it
- Waterford to host Convention 2017
- Challenges facing Rural Ireland
- South East Economy Continues to Stagnate
- No Minister for Environment?
- Green Party welcomes Government u-turn on introducing pay-by-weight charges
- Green TD attacks parties for putting politics ahead of country
- ‘This election is make or break for the Green Party’
- Next politician that calls to your door ask him/her to outline their party’s environmental policy
- Same as it ever was!
- So where does the Green Party stand on the 8th Amendment?
- Still looking for a reason to vote Green?
- Green Party leader Eamon Ryan to speak in Gorey
- Ann’s Election Launch Evening A Great Success