TDS voted today in favour of a bill to abolish town councils. The Local Government Bill merges town councils into county councils. This means that Wexford Borough Council, and the various town councils throughout the county, will soon be no more. Consider this: the first Charter of Wexford Town on record is that granted in 1317 by Aymer de Valence. Much water has passed under the bridge since then. And when our Charter is ungranted the water will continue to flow under the bridge. Into the wild unchartered waters beyond.
- 200 million euro capital programme for Wexford
- Hinkley Point C Nuclear Plant
- Same Old, Same Old!
- Climate Change: the government still doesn’t get it
- Waterford to host Convention 2017
- Challenges facing Rural Ireland
- South East Economy Continues to Stagnate
- No Minister for Environment?
- Green Party welcomes Government u-turn on introducing pay-by-weight charges
- Green TD attacks parties for putting politics ahead of country
- ‘This election is make or break for the Green Party’
- Next politician that calls to your door ask him/her to outline their party’s environmental policy
- Same as it ever was!
- So where does the Green Party stand on the 8th Amendment?
- Still looking for a reason to vote Green?